On behalf of the Graham Group, Gracorp oversaw the sale of an office/shop/service facility in the Acheson industrial area just west of Edmonton, Alberta to Forbes Bros. Ltd. The site is strategically located at the junction of major roadways: Highway 16 (the Yellowhead), which also provides access to the busy Peace River Country via Highway 43, and Highway 60. The land is zoned medium industrial.
The 32,956 square foot, modern office/warehouse/shop facility sits on a 30.4-acre site. The turnkey premises include a secure yard that has been improved to support heavy loads. The custom-built premises are nearly new and in excellent condition.
The building was purpose-built as a heavy equipment service facility and features a 21,000 square foot shop with 49’ clear height at the exterior wall and 57’ near the centre of the building. The shop is furnished with two 25-ton cranes with auxiliary 5-ton cranes attached to each, resulting in a clear under-hook height of 38’. The shop also offers a reinforced and chemically treated 12” concrete floor slab with in-floor heating, in-floor vehicle exhaust and air exchange units.
The balance of the building consists of 12,000 square feet of well-designed offices, warehousing, attractive staff areas and amenities. In addition, 3,000 square feet of space are provided on the third floor for the mechanical room and future development.
Other building features include:
- Shop offices overlook the entire shop floor;
- Six 24’ x 29’ oversized overhead doors located in the shop structure as well as one smaller overhead door (12’ x 12’);
- 12 compressed air stations;
- Six service bays with dedicated lube stations and wash bay-style hot water supply from a centralized unit;
- Two, two-stage compartment sumps into tanks;
- Showroom with drive-through and two 12’ x 12’ grade doors;
- Two lube stations in centre of warehouse;
- Full air conditioning;
- In-slab radiant heating system with additional heating in offices provided by wall-mounted radiant panels;
- Heavy power within the building;
- T5 lighting;
- A wireless, high-performance camera security system and swipe card access;
- Lunch room with 60+ person capacity; and
- Men’s and women’s locker rooms.
The building sits on a fenced, secure (swipe-card accessed), and fully lit yard. Extensive site improvements ensure the yard can handle heavy loads and equipment. Two-hundred amp, three-phase electrical service is provided at the southwest corner of the site and west of the building. Additional 40 amp services are provided throughout the yard.
Take a video tour of the facility: